Sentenced to Die, Via Political Correctness
Yesterday, the Republican led House Special Committee on Benghazi released their report on the Sept. 11 2012 terrorist attack on the U.S. Embassy in Benghazi, Libya. While some of the findings were already public knowledge, there was confirmation of several things that were heavily speculated upon in the past:
- Despite President Obama and Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta’s clear orders to deploy military assets, nothing was sent to Benghazi, and nothing was en route to Libya at the time the last two Americans were killed almost 8 hours after the attacks began. [pg. 141]
- With Ambassador Stevens missing, the White House convened a roughly two-hour meeting at 7:30 PM, which resulted in action items focused on a YouTube video, and others containing the phrases “[i]f any deployment is made,” and “Libya must agree to any deployment,” and “[w]ill not deploy until order comes to go to either Tripoli or Benghazi.” [pg. 115]
- The Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff typically would have participated in the White House meeting, but did not attend because he went home to host a dinner party for foreign dignitaries. [pg. 107]
- A Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team (FAST) sat on a plane in Rota, Spain, for three hours, and changed in and out of their uniforms four times. [pg. 154]
The more abhorrent of these findings, were the fact that political correctness played a role in the rescue operation, or lack thereof. The report (page 154) cites that while Ambassador Stevens was still missing, and Sean Smith had been killed, a “Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team (FAST) sat on a plane in Rota, Spain, for three hours, and changed in and out of their uniforms four times”. Why?
Political correctness and political gain, plain and simple.
|Shadow Warriors Project|
United States Ambassador Chris Stevens was missing, later to be found murdered. Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith was already dead. The embassy was overrun by terrorists. The CIA Security Team, who had left the Annex that had high walls and strategic positions for security, to attempt to rescue the State Department employees and security team who were enduring the brutal attack. After rescuing survivors, they then had to return to the Annex and fight for their lives and the lives of the people they swore to protect. All the while they were outnumbered, out gunned and receiving ZERO support from our government, and it cost the lives of Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty.
Even during the attack, bureaucratic roadblocks kept this same team from responding sooner after receiving several stand down orders by the station chief. Perhaps if the bureaucrats stayed out of the way, saving the lives of Chris Stevens and Sean Smith may have been accomplished.
But, once again with this administration, American lives were in danger and the focus was on 2 things:
- How to be politically correct and not offend people, no matter what the fallout.
- How to put a political spin on a terror attack to avoid culpability.
I submit a challenge to you, the reader. Read this report, in its entirety. Even if you think you are aware of the facts, or if you feel this report is a political assassination attempt against Hillary Clinton (who is hardly mentioned in the report), read it and get all the information. We as a nation owe it to those who perished that night, and those who survived.
“Sack Head” Shaun Lewis is a co-owner of SHR Media and co-host of Sack Heads Radio Show, which airs every Wednesday at 8 PM PST on www.shrmedia.com. Twitter: @edgeofliberty Facebook: Sack Head Shaun.